Secretary & Front of House 01/20
|JOB TITLE:||Secretary / Front of House|
|REPORTING TO:||Senior Management|
|LOCATION:||NIC Instruments Ltd, Folkestone, Kent CT19 5NF|
NIC Instruments specialises in the design and manufacture of Bomb Disposal Equipment.
Overall Purpose of Job
- This role will include all reception & administration duties including good inwards support & purchasing duties.
- Supporting goods inwards the individual responsibilities will cover all administration duties, deliveries and some visual inspection.
- This will be an active role focused on ensuring the smooth day to day running of our reception and goods inwards department.
- It will also be part of this role to maintain an environment of continuous improvement and working practices.
- Strategy: Ability to implement and maintain an effective front of house area and support goods inwards were necessary, to complete all tasks set and ensure accurate filing management system is maintained.
- Operational: Answering the phone at all times, responding to email enquiries and greeting visitors. Effectively managing deliveries and adherence to the companies processes and procedures.
- Commercially aware: It is essential that the successful candidate is commercially aware, with strong communications skills. Customer orientated, with the focus on delivering excellence, in all areas of the factory. Committed to maintaining the highest standards within their role and the factory.
- Professional Development: The Company requires a driven, ambitious individual who wants to further develop their skills and career within the engineering sector & supply chain management as they pursue their growth
- Training Activities: The successful candidate will be internally trained where needed.
The right candidate will have a range of the following skills and qualifications:
- Reliable and punctual, with an open and welcoming manner
- Competency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook essential
- Excellent telephone manner
- Very strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Leading by example with hard working, flexible and professional approach
- High levels of motivation and enthusiasm
- Capable of working well in a team environment
- Good at listening and following instructions
- A positive attitude and co-operative, willing to comply with company policies and procedures
- Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK
- The successful applicant will preferably have some office administration experience within an engineering / manufacturing environment
- Quality Control/Assurance experience not essential but desirable
- GCSE pass grade for English and Maths or equivalent qualification
- 20 days holiday pa
- Childcare Voucher Scheme
- The appointment is a part time position.
- The successful candidate will be based at NIC Instruments Ltd
- References will be taken up if you are invited to interview (unless specified otherwise on your application form).
- Completed application forms should be returned to Mr. Tony Huggins at the address below by email only. email@example.com.
- Please Note: All questions or queries must be by email.