Skilled CMM and 3D CAD Operator
|JOB TITLE:||Skilled CMM and 3D CAD Operator|
|REPORTING TO:||Tony Huggins, Operations Manager|
|LOCATION:||NIC Instruments Ltd, Folkestone, Kent CT19 5NF|
NIC Instruments specialises in the design and manufacture of Bomb Disposal Equipment. More information may be seen on our website, www.nicltd.co.uk.
We require an ambitious person to take over on our CMM machine and support our design and production departments.
You should have substantial experience of using a CMM and 3D CAD
- Overall Purpose of Job
- To operate and program the CMM
- To create and update 3D CAD files and generate 2D drawings where necessary.
- To carry out other 3D CAD work such as animations
- To update production paperwork
- To support the operations manager
- Main Duties
- CMM Inspection duties: To carry out inspections on the CMM machine to support manufacturing activities.
- Inspection: To carry out any other inspection tasks required
- CMM Programming: To program the CMM in advance for new parts, so that inspection may occur immediately after the part is.
- CMM Maintenance: To maintain the CMM in an exceptional way and ensure its optimal performance.
- CMM Other Tasks: To carry out any other tasks in order to ensure smooth running of the CMM.
- 2D CAD: To produce, update and maintain all 2D drawings
- 3D CAD: To produce, update and maintain all 3D solid models
- Production documentation: To produce, update and maintain all production paperwork.
- Professional Development: The Company requires a driven, ambitious individual who wants to further develop their skills and career within the Engineering sector as they pursue their growth plans.
The right candidate will have a range of the following skills and qualifications
- Competency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook essential.
- Knowledge of databases, not essential, but useful e.g., Microsoft access
- A deeply embedded interest in how things are made.
- Candidates must be eligible to permanently work and live in the UK.
- A current driving license would be an advantage.
- The candidate should have a knowledge of operating a CMM and using 3D CAD package
- A level maths is highly desirable.
- Full training
- 20 days holiday pa
- Childcare Voucher Scheme
- The appointment is a permanent position.
- The successful candidate will be based at NIC Instruments Ltd
- References will be taken up if you are invited to interview (unless specified otherwise on your application form).
- To apply, please send an up to date CV to Mr. Steve Wisbey by email only. email@example.com.
- Please Note: It is not possible to discuss this application by telephone. All questions or queries must be by email.