NIC Instruments Origami Phone Holder
Make your own folded paper mobile phone, iPod, tablet or business card stand.
All you need is one A4 piece of paper, and 5 minutes. Thicker paper/card works best.
Download our PDF template with a step by step guide: Origami Phone Holder template
Watch the short video below to see how to make it.
1. Print double sided, binding along the long edge, then cut the instructions off. Turn to side A facing up. Fold in half and then unfold it.
2. Fold both sides to the centre.
3. Fold and unfold diagonally all 4 corners to the centre and back.
4. Turn over to side B, and fold in half and unfold it.
5. Turn over to side A, and tuck opposing small triangle flaps underneath.
6. Unfold side 6a, and pinch the ☆ together on reverse, so the black ☆ lifts towards you. Fold the side 6a back in, to create a pyramid.
7. Repeat on other end by partially unfolding side 7a, pinch the ⊕ together on reverse, so the black ⊕ lifts towards you. Fold the side 7a back in, to create a 2nd pyramid.
8. Fold along centre to allow two pyramids to stand flat. Place phone in valley between pyramids.
Send us a picture of your phone holder on social media: